Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is designed for people in their first management roles – including team leaders and first-line managers. Get the tools and confidence to coach or mentor people as part of your normal working role.
Results for you
- Learn about coaching and mentoring as powerful development tools
- Understand the role and responsibilities of an effective coach and mentor
- Explore different coaching and/or mentoring models
- Put your skills into practice - carry out supervised coaching and/or mentoring
Impact for your employer
- Implement coaching and mentoring in your organisation
- Ensure the managers you develop as coaches and mentors are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need to be effective
- Create a coaching and mentoring culture in your organisation
Focus on the skills you need
Two mandatory units give you the underpinning knowledge of good practice in coaching and mentoring. You can then choose between coaching and mentoring specialisms to finish your qualification - either completing two further units on coaching or two on mentoring. Both routes involve planning and carrying out supervised practice to hone your skills.
Back to ILM Coaching