Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is ideal if you have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing your abilities. It is particularly suited to practicing team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and managers who need to lead people through organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
Results for you
- Gain a range of key management skills
- Put new skills into practice in your own role
- Build your leadership capabilities
- Motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop your leadership skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations
Impact for your employer
- Effective and confident first-line managers
- Better relationships and communication in teams
- Measurable results: workplace-based assessment ensures new skills are effectively transferred to your business
- A broad range of optional units – qualification can be tailored to your organisation’s learning and development needs
Focus on the skills you need
This qualification can be taken as a concise Award, a broader Certificate or a comprehensive Diploma. The units in this qualification fall into seven broad areas. These are:
- core management skills – such as understanding how to organise and delegate
- ability to perform management tasks –manage projects, lead meetings
- team leadership – for example, how to motivate people to improve performance
- change and innovation – plan and manage change, create a culture of innovation
- a full range of communications skills
- managing people and relationships – negotiation, networking, building relationships
- leadership – understand leadership, use action learning to develop your leadership capabilities
Where Level 3 Fits on the Framework
Knowing – key competencies
Self-management, team building and performance management skills; information processing skills; an awareness of customers and their requirements, organisational policies and procedures, and inter-personal dynamics.
Doing – able to
Provide leadership to an operational plan and manage workload; communicate plans and objectives and build engagement; manage individual and team performance; support and lead change projects; initiate improvement.
Being – demonstrated by
Team leaders and managers who are aware of their own goals and aspirations. They inspire others to perform beyond their limits and have strong abilities to self-manage.
Back to ILM Leadership